Wednesday, March 29, 2006

PHI BULANI Fan Club~ Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer

eyes that steady
this soulful gaze
draw us inward
a closer maze
pulling long
with swell and heave
love so lives
that hearts may cleave
breathing closer
still closer in hot exchange
where spirit sheds flesh
it's naked clothing lay
now charged beneath
so fleshes spirit bare
each a lonely witness
to wills bequeath
Atlas myself
myself to me
i am released
a' las i'm free. Sssssss.


I met him at an party. He was different. We talked about art, poetry, fears, life journeys. He's an incredible listener. I shared with him that i wanted to be a writer, and he said "then your half way there" I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was enough, when i got back to my apartment i penned this poem. I take a lot of pleasure in writing, i never know who will read it, but that doesn't matter as much as the act of writing itself.





No comments: